Springs has operated as a retreat since 1956. Established by
the founders of the Guild for Psychological Studies, Elizabeth Boyden
Howes, Sheila Moon and Luella Sibbald, it has been home to retreats
and seminars in religion and psychology for over fifty years. Four Springs
has become a sacred place to generations of people whose inner
work has helped shape Four Springs and has been nourished by it.
Four Springs is secluded at the end of Sheveland
Road on 280 acres of woods in the foothills north of Mount Saint
Helena, in southern Lake County. Our clear, refreshing water
comes from natural springs on the retreat.
lodge, cabins, art and meditation buildings, library and seminar
room, together with pool, grape arbor, meadows and trails create a sanctuary that is removed from daily distractions.
Four Springs offers nourishment
to the soul, and the space and time to discern inner possibilities that
otherwise go unnoticed.
We welcome your discovery of this remarkable place,
known by people around the world as an inspirational setting for
reflection, study and personal transformation.
One of many
through 280 acres of woods...
photos of the grounds and facilities.